JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Cambodia Additional Info
- These well preserved temples serve as a reminder of Cambodia’s past, where Cambodia had major regional power until the 15 th century. Angkor Wat and the surroundings have acclaimed UNESCO status. To safeguard this symbolic site and its surroundings, it was listed as a World Heritage Site in 1992.
- The head of Cambodia’s leading party, Hun Sen, who is the current longest serving prime minister in the world. The capital of Cambodia is Phnom Penh, which lays at the junction of the Mekong and the Tonle Sap rivers. The current population of Cambodia is approximately 16.7 million inhabitants (August 2020), with the majority of the population living in rural areas near rivers.
- The language of Khmer is spoken by nearly 90% of the population and is the official language of Cambodia.
- The tourism industry is Cambodia’s second largest form of income stimulating the GDP. Phom Penh and Angkor Wat are Cambodia’s main tourist destinations. Cambodia is a safe destination.
- Cambodia is a country of lush rugged mountains and jungles. The isolated tribal people have beautiful beaches and deserted islands with inspiring ancient temples and landmarks. Cambodia is strewn with ancient ruins and artifacts.
- Cambodia’s history could start with visiting the Silver Pagoda continue to the colorful Royal Palace and the poignant Tuol Sleng Museum before continuing to the Buddhist memorial of the ‘Killing Fields’ in Siem Reap. It could be that you might discover yourself becoming another tomb raider in the temples of Angkor Wat. The Angkor Wat is a temple complex in Cambodia, which is the largest religious monument in the world. – It is a Definite Must!!